ಚಂದನವನ (sandalwood)

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

ಚಂದನವನ (sandalwood)
ಚಂದನವನ (sandalwood)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MY FILMS MAY HAVE FAILED,NOT ME

2 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

MY FILMS MAY HAVE FAILED,NOT ME  - Page 5 Empty Re: MY FILMS MAY HAVE FAILED,NOT ME

Post by Admin Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:51 pm

‘MY FILMS MAY HAVE FAILED, NOT ME’
Despite a string of setbacks at the box office in recent years, Ganesh says he is raring to go. A chat with the ‘Golden Star’

Ganesh, fondly called the Golden Star, of late has had to make do with a series of films that did not come anywhere closetohis'MidasTouch’image.However, this has not deterred producers from signing him up.The actor is on a roll if the number of the films in his kitty is any indication. His next film, Romeo, is creating all the right noises as he is poised to reinvent himself. Mirror hadachatwithGaneshrecently. Excerpts:
People say your days are over. Have the recent failures of your recent films affectedyou?
My films may have failed, but I have not failed, personally. How the films fare at the box office is determined by a host of reasons and not just the lead actor alone. But when it comes to acting, I can say with confidence that I have succeeded in every role given to me. I will be concerned only when I cannot do justice to the role. With every director I have worked under, I have justified their confidence in me.
Veteran director S Narayan announced his retirement because his films tanked. Two of his last films Shyloo and Munjaane were with you. He blamed unprofessionalismofyoungactors...
It is his personal issue. Hence, I can’t discuss his decisions. In Munjaane, what was promisedatthestorymakingandpre-shootingstagewasnotdoneafterthat.Youcannot blamemeasanactorfordoingthatfilmorfor anything else. Directors have to do what they promise and I can do only what I promise to do as an actor in a film.
The two of you together gave one of the biggesthitsoftheindustrywithCheluvinaChittara...
During the making of Mungaaru Male, Gaalipatta and Cheluvina Chittara, nobody expected that they would be such huge hits. It just happened. These successes have actually become a millstone around my neck as everyone expects all my films to do equallywellattheboxoffice.CheluvinaChittara became the only Kannada film to complete 100 days in all theatres it was released in. I cannot expect every film of mine to become a Mungaaru Male or a Cheluvina Chittara. My problem seems to be the eightsuccessivebighitsstartingfromChellata to Krishna. Anything less becomes a taboo subject.
Will you work with Narayan if you are approachedagain?
It will not happen for the next two years at least as I have committed to many other sprojects.
IsYograjBhatataboosubject?
I have never said ‘no’ to working with him. I was 'Comedy Time' Ganesh before MungaaruMalemademethe‘GoldenStar‘.MMismy ‘godfather’. Yograj Bhat remains a very good director and a very good friend of mine. As they say, time has to get us back together.
Romeo is one film that is being promoted bigtime.
You have to work towards making each of your film worthwhile. If it does not give you satisfaction of having tried to make it reach the people, it is not worth it. As I said, the fate of the film at the box office is secondary. You have to work towards making it a success.
Publicity for films is undergoing a tremendous change. For Romeo, the director and producers are working overtime to get thingsright.Perhapsforthefirsttime,aKannada film has a promotional song. 'Belgeddeu Kapi kudi' has attained a cult status already.Itwasnotoriginallymeanttobeinthe film, but now has been included during the end credits. The song was director PC Shekar's idea.
What else will make audience come to thisfilm?
We are not promising that Romeo will be a Titanic or an Avatar. It is just a sweet movie. This is one film you will want to watch again with your sweetheart. Personally, I was overjoyed working with this crew. I hope I will get to act in more characters like this. I have no doubt that Romeo will bring me a goodname.
Admin
Admin

https://sandalwood.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

MY FILMS MAY HAVE FAILED,NOT ME  - Page 5 Empty Re: MY FILMS MAY HAVE FAILED,NOT ME

Post by Admin Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:59 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:01 pm

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:01 pm

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:02 pm

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:03 pm

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:03 pm

Had Wonderful Experiences in Romeo – Bhavana

Mallu girl Bhavana who has been working in many Kannada films with all top heroes is quite excited now. She is now in Bengaluru to participate in the shooting of the film Topiwala in which she is paired with Super Star Upendra. The actress is also quite curious to know the audience reactions to her third Kannada film Romeo which is getting released this week on Friday. She is paired with Golden Star Ganesh in the film and already her solo song “Alochane, Alaapane’ has moved into the top of the charts.
Talking to the Chitraloka Portal in an exclusive interview, the actress who has already acted in two big Kannada films Jackie with Puneet Raj Kumar and Vishnuvardhana with Sudepa says that her third Kannada film “Romeo’ is also special. “I am very happy that the songs of Romeo has been rocking well with the audience. It has been quite a thrilling experience to see my film’s songs being heard again and again in the Radio Channels. Wherever I go and meet people, I am getting the feedback that the songs of the film are very good’ says Bhavana. says that working in a film like Romeo with a dedicated and knowledgeable director like P.C.Sekhar and a big star like Ganesh was something that I always desired. Sekhar has tried to present all the songs of the film in an aesthetic manner. All the songs are quite stylish. I will be quite happy to see that the film is well appreciated and registers big success. I always want to be part of successful films’ says Bhavana.
“I found Ganesh sir to be a very down to earth personality. He does not have any airs. Infact all the heroes I have worked so far which includes Puneet sir, Sudeep sir, Uppi sir are all very good and friendly in nature. They make it a pleasure to be part of the shooting. They are very down to earth. I am happy to be part of another project with both Puneet sir and Sudeep sir. Both of them are terrific artists and good human beings. It will be good fun to be with Puneet sir during the shooting as he is very jovial and understanding’ says Bhavana.
Talking about her working with Puneet again in “Yaare Koogadali’ film, Bhavana says that this film will be her first remake film. “I have not done any remake so far in my career. I know this film is a remake of Porali Tamil film. But I would not like to see the original Tamil film and would try to act in the given role in my own way. I am told Samuththrakani sir is a fantastic director. I am looking forward to work in this film’ says Bhavana.
Bhavana is also quite happy to be seen with Sudeepa in the film Bachchan which has a very important role for her.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:04 pm

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:06 pm

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:09 pm

Ganesh claims good response to Romeo trailers

Actor Ganesh on Wednesday claimed that the trailers and the songs of his new movie – Romeo — have evoked good response.

He told presspersons he expressed confidence that Romeo would be liked by the audience.

The movie would be released on Friday. Keeping in mind the Kannada Diaspora in the United States, the movie would be released in two theatres in San Jose city.

It was a story of a youth who falls in love with a girl from an affluent family and tells lay on his own economic position to win her heart. There would be a rift in their relationship after the marriage. The hero proves that the love he had for her was genuine and thereby the differences between them would be resolved, he said.

Ganesh said that he was impressed by the professionalism displayed by director P.C. Shekhar.

“While narrating the story to me, he provided information on the backdrop in which each scene will be shot and the costume I had to wear. I liked his involvement,” he said.

The dialogues were penned by the new-comer Nataraj. The dialogues were very informal and would be liked by audience from all sections of the society. Acting with Bhavana, Avinash, Rangayana Raghu, Sadhu Kokila and Sudha Belawadi was a refreshing experience, he said.

When quizzed on the possibility of working again with director Yogaraj Bhat, he said: “Both of us have our own commitments. I am hopeful that we will work together again.” On the success of Mungaru Male , he said that, “the film gave me the name and fame. Every producer is now approaching me with the expectation that I will deliver another Mungaru Male . It is difficult to fulfil such expectations.”

Replying to a query he said that, among his recent movies, Shyloo was appreciated by the audience but the performance of Munjan e in the box office was not impressive. He said that, though the script is good, the style in which the movie is presented matters. Mr. Ganesh later visited Kamala Nehru National College for Women in the city.

Source : hindu
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:09 pm

Ganesh’s Romeo releasing in 100+ screens

Ganesh‘s much-awaited Romeo is all set to hit the screens tomorrow (July 6). Despite facing a tough competition from Sudeep’s Telugu movie Eega, which is releasing in massive 150 screens, the Kannada film has managed to get 100+ screens for its release.

Reports say that Romeo is releasing in 102 screens in Karnataka and 3 screens in the US. In Bangalore alone, it is releasing in 25 screens. The buzz says that the film has good pre-talk due to the hype generated by the trailers-songs of the movie. Meanwhile, the makers of the film are also planning to release the film in Australia, New Zealand and Dubai in the coming weeks.

Romeo also features Bhavana of Jackie fame, Rangayana Raghu, Sadhu Kokila, Avinash, Sudha Belawadi, and Ramesh Bhat in the important roles. Arjun Janya has composed the music, which has become a huge hit. It is written and directed by PC Shekar.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... 0-screens/
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankapura Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:12 pm

The prominent star of Kannada cinema Sudeep is giving a tough challenge to the three Kannada films from his debut Telugu movie 'Eega' that is directed by topnotch of south SS Rajamouli.

In over 200 theatres 'Eega' Telugu and 'Naan Ee' Tamil are releasing in Karnataka. The total screens this SS Rajamouli film occupying is 1200 screens. The hero of Kannada films Sudeep is villain in Telugu film 'Eega'. It is a biggest moment for him.

Three Kannada films set for Friday release are - director PC Shekar 'Romeo' starring golden star Ganesh and Bhavana, 'Sri Kshetra Adhichunchanagiri' directed by Om Saiprakash - a mythological, historical and social combination on the significance of 800 years shrine. Ambarish lead the cast of the film. A newcomer Wesley Brown is debuting with a national record working in nine department of his film. Wesley Brown has worked for Story, screenplay, dialogues, choreography, editing, cinematography, direction and producer of the film. He also appears on the screen. Sonu Nigam song has turned out very famous like the song in 'Romeo' sung by Shreya Goshal.

It is a curious time for Golden star Ganesh as his previous films did not do well in the box office. This 'Romeo' is made with lot of caution in the script, dialogues, cinematography, music and new concept by PC Shekar has won in the music front already. Arjun Janya one of the songs for 'Romeo' Alaapane Aradhane...is tremendously popular. The song Bellagge Eddhu Coffee Kodi, Enadru Hallujju Bedi, Malkonde Snana Madi, Nanna Hesare Romeo...is the promotional song for 'Romeo' in pop style. The song is penned by Alemari director Santhu for this film. Ganesh is with lucky heroine to Kannada cinema Bhavana. Two of the previous films of Mollywood heroine Bhavana - Vishnuvardhana and Jackie won in the box office.

KS Pictures 'Nayaka' Kannada film hero Naveen and Ramesh Kumar are the producers of this 'Romeo' shot in 65 days schedule.

Youngster Nataraj is making debut in dialogue department. Vaidhi is the cameraman. Rangayana Raghu, Avinash, Sadhu Kokila, Sudha Belawadi, Mithra, Ramesh Bhat are in the cast of this film.

JM Films BV Narasimhaiah is producing on the religious center Sri Adhichunchanagiri and leading swamiji Sri Balagangadharanatha life sketch.

The film titled 'Sri Kshetra Adhichunchanagiri' is a devotional film from director Om Saiprakash.

Producer Narasimhahah Sri Kshetra Adhichunchanagiri film invested more than 20 crores on this mythological, historical and social combination film.

Nearly 30 percent of popular faces in Kannada cinema are in the cast of 'Sri Kshetra Adhichunchanagiri'. In addition to it guest appearances has 27 MLAs, 2 MP's and two ministers. Sri Balagangadharanatha Swamiji has appeared in the guest role.

The role of King is played by Ambarish, Shruthi, Sri Murali, Ramkumar, Harish Raj, Jayanthi, Anu Prabhakar, Mythriyi, Bhumika, Raghav, Padma Vasanthi, Veena Sunder, BC Patil, Ramesh Bhat, Shivakumar, Karibasavaiah, Bullet Prakash, Mohan Juneja, Muni, Sachidananda, Shashikiran Manje Gowda and others.

Commercial films music director Gurukiran has scored the music for this divine film. Sundarnath Suvarana is the cameraman of this lavishly made Kannada cinema. Goturi and Doddarange Gowda have penned the lyrics. Goturi has also penned the dialogues for the film.
Bankapura
Bankapura

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankapura Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:13 pm

Bankapura
Bankapura

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankapura Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:15 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][
Bankapura
Bankapura

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankapura Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:17 pm

Bankapura
Bankapura

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankapura Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:17 pm

Bankapura
Bankapura

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankapura Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:18 pm

Bankapura
Bankapura

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankapura Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:21 pm

ಗೋಲ್ಡನ್ ಸ್ಟಾರ್ ಗಣೇಶ್ ಭವಿಷ್ಯ ಏನಾಗುತ್ತದೋ ಏನೋ ಎಂದುಕೊಂಡಿದ್ದವರಿಗೆ 'ರೋಮಿಯೋ' ಚಿತ್ರ ಉತ್ತರ ನೀಡಿದೆ. ಸೂತ್ರಹರಿದ ಗಾಳಿಪಟದಂತಾಗಿದ್ದ ಗಣೇಶ್ ವೃತಿಬದುಕಿಗೆ 'ರೋಮಿಯೋ' ಹೊಸ ದಿಕ್ಕು ನೀಡಿದೆ. ಬಾಕ್ಸಾಫೀಸಲ್ಲಿ ಸದ್ದು ಮಾಡುವ ಎಲ್ಲ ಲಕ್ಷಣಗಳೂ ಚಿತ್ರಕ್ಕಿವೆ.

ಚಿತ್ರದ ಹೆಸರು 'ರೋಮಿಯೋ' ಎಂದಿದ್ದರೂ ಗಣೇಶ್ ಇಲ್ಲಿ ಭಗ್ನಪ್ರೇಮಿಯಲ್ಲ. ಎಲ್ಲರನ್ನೂ ನಕ್ಕು ನಲಿಸುವ ಕಾಮಿಡಿ ಪ್ರೇಮಿ. ಈ ಚಿತ್ರದ ಪ್ಲಸ್ ಪಾಯಿಂಟ್ ಎಂದರೆ ಅದು ನಿಸ್ಸಂದೇಹವಾಗಿ ಕಾಮಿಡಿ. ಗಣೇಶ್ ಕಾಮಿಡಿ ಟೈಂ ಇಲ್ಲಿ ಗೆದ್ದಿದೆ. ಅವರ ವೃತ್ತಿಜೀವನದಲ್ಲಿ ಕಾಮಿಡಿ ಟೈಂ ಮತ್ತೆ ಅವರ ಕೈಹಿಡಿದು ಗೋಲ್ಡನ್ ಡೇಸ್ ಗೆ ಮರಳಿಸುವ ಎಲ್ಲ ಸೂಚನೆಗಳನ್ನು ನೀಡಿದೆ.

ಚಿತ್ರದ ನಾಯಕನ ಹೆಸರು ಗಣೇಶ್. ಇವನು ಪಕ್ಕಾ ಮಾಸ್. ಆದರೆ ಹೈಕ್ಲಾಸ್ ಹುಡುಗನಂತೆ ಲೀಲಾಜಾಲವಾಗಿ ಅಭಿನಯಿಸಿ ದಂತದಗೊಂಬೆಯಂತಹ ಶ್ರುತಿ (ಭಾವನಾ) ಎಂಬ ಹುಡುಗಿಗೆ ಬಲೆ ಬೀಸುತ್ತಾನೆ. ಇವನ ಪ್ರೇಮದ ಬಲೆಗೆ ಬಂಗಾರದ ಜಿಂಕೆ ಸುನಾಯಾಸವಾಗಿ ಬೀಳುತ್ತದೆ. ಮದುವೇನೂ ಆಗುತ್ತದೆ.

ಕಡೆಗೆ ಕೈಹಿಡಿದವನ ಮನೆಗೆ ಬಂದಾಗ ಅವನ ಅಸಲಿ ಕತೆ ಗೊತ್ತಾಗುತ್ತದೆ. ಶಿವರಾತ್ರಿ ಮನೆಗೆ ಏಕಾದಶಿ ಬಂದಂಗಾಗುತ್ತದೆ. ಬಾಯಿಬಿಟ್ಟರೆ ಟಾಟಾ, ಬಿರ್ಲಾ, ಅಂಬಾನಿ ಎನ್ನುತ್ತಿದ್ದನ ಬಣ್ಣ ಬಯಲಾಗುತ್ತದೆ. ಅಲ್ಲಿಂದ ನಾಯಕಿ ತವರುಮನೆ ಬಾಗಿಲು ತಟ್ಟುತ್ತಾಳೆ. ಇಬ್ಬರೂ ದೂರಾಗಲು ಡಿವೋರ್ಸ್ ಗೆ ಮೊರೆಹೋಗುತ್ತಾರೆ. ಪರಸ್ಪರ ಒಪ್ಪಿಗೆಯ ಮೇರೆಗೆ ಇಬ್ಬರೂ ದೂರಾಗುತ್ತಾರೆ.

ಕತೆ ಅಲ್ಲಿಗೆ ಮುಗಿಯುವುದಿಲ್ಲ. ಹೊಸ ತಿರುವು ಪಡೆದುಕೊಳ್ಳುತ್ತದೆ. ಬಳಿಕ ಇಬ್ಬರೂ ಒಂದಾಗುತ್ತಾರಾ ಎಂಬುದೇ ಕಥಾವಸ್ತು. ಇದನ್ನು ನೀಟಾಗಿ ತೆರೆಗೆ ತರುವಲ್ಲಿ ನಿರ್ದೇಶಕ ಪಿ.ಸಿ. ಶೇಖರ್ ಅವರ ಶ್ರಮ ಎದ್ದುಕಾಣುತ್ತದೆ. ಇದಕ್ಕೆ ಸಾಥ್ ನೀಡಿರುವುದು ನಟರಾಜ್ ಅವರ ಪಂಚಿಂಗ್ ಡೈಲಾಗ್ಸ್.

ಅವರ ಹಿಂದಿನ ಚಿತ್ರಗಳಿಗಿಂತ ಇಲ್ಲಿ ಗಣೇಶ್ ಲವಲವಿಕೆಯಿಂದ ಅಭಿನಯಿಸಿರುವುದು ಗಮನಾರ್ಹ. ಗಂಭೀರವಾಗಿ ಕಾಣುವ ಹುಡುಗಿ ಪಾತ್ರದಲ್ಲಿ ಭಾವನಾ ಅವರ ಅಭಿನಯ ಕೂಡ ತಾಜಾತನದಿಂದ ಕೂಡಿದೆ. ಭಾವನಾತ್ಮಕ ಸನ್ನಿವೇಶಗಳಲ್ಲಿ, ಹಾಸ್ಯರಸ ಉಕ್ಕಿಸುವಲ್ಲಿ ಗಣೇಶ್ ಅಭಿನಯ ಲೀಲಾಜಾಲ.

ಗಣೇಶ್ ಅವರ ತಂದೆತಾಯಿಯಾಗಿ ರಂಗಾಯಣ ರಘು ಹಾಗೂ ಸುಧಾ ಬೆಳವಾಡಿ ಪಾತ್ರ ಪೋಷಣೆ ಚಿತ್ರಕ್ಕೆ ಒಂದು ಚೌಕಟ್ಟನ್ನು ಒದಗಿಸಿದೆ. ಸೀರಿಯಸ್ ಅಲ್ಲದ ಅಪ್ಪಅಮ್ಮನ ಪೋಷಕ ಪಾತ್ರಗಳಲ್ಲಿ ಇಬ್ಬರೂ ಜಿದ್ದಿಗೆ ಬಿದ್ದಂತೆ ಅಭಿನಯಿಸಿದ್ದಾರೆ.

ರಂಗಾಯಣ ರಘು ಹಾಗೂ ಸಾಧು ಕೋಕಿಲ ಅವರ ಸಮಯೋಚಿತ ಕಾಮಿಡಿ ಮತ್ತೊಂದು ಹೈಲೈಟ್. ಬೆಲ್ಲಕ್ಕೆ ತಾಟಿ ಬೆಲ್ಲ ಸೇರಿಸಿದಂತೆ ಅವರಿಬ್ಬರ ಕಾಮಿಡಿ ಬೆರೆತುಹೋಗಿದೆ. ಈ ಚಿತ್ರದ ಮೂಲಕ ರಂಗಾಯಣ ರಘು ಹಾಗೂ ಸಾಧು ಕೋಕಿಲ ತಮ್ಮ ಕಾಮಿಡಿ ವರಸೆಗಳನ್ನು ಬದಲಾಯಿಸಿರುವುದು ವಿಶೇಷ. ಅವರ ಎಂದಿನ ಶೈಲಿ ನೋಡಿ ನೋಡಿ ಸಾಕಾಗಿದ್ದ ಪ್ರೇಕ್ಷಕರು ಇಲ್ಲಿ ಹೊಟ್ಟೆ ತುಂಬ ನಗಬಹುದು.

ಅರ್ಜುನ್ ಜನ್ಯ ಸಂಗೀತ ಪಾಂಚಜನ್ಯದಂತೆ ಮೊಳಗಿದೆ. 'ನಾಯಕ' ಚಿತ್ರದ ಬಳಿಕ ಪಿಸಿ ಶೇಖರ್ ಗೆ ಇದು ಎರಡನೇ ಚಿತ್ರವಾದರೂ ಕತೆ, ಚಿತ್ರಕತೆ ಹಾಗೂ ನಿರ್ದೇಶನದ ಜವಾಬ್ದಾರಿಗಳನ್ನು ನೀಟಾಗಿ ನಿಭಾಯಿಸಿದ್ದಾರೆ. ವೈದಿ ಎಸ್ ಅವರ ಛಾಯಾಗ್ರಹಣ ಕಣ್ಣಿಗೆ ಹಿತವಾಗಿದೆ.

"ಹೆಂಡತಿಗೆ ತನ್ನ ಗಂಡನೇ ರೋಮಿಯೋ". "ಸುಳ್ಳು ಹೇಳಬೇಕಾದಾಗ ಸುಳ್ಳು ಹೇಳಿ. ನಿಜ ಹೇಳಬೇಕಾದಾಗ ನಿಜ ಹೇಳಿ" ಎಂಬುದು ಚಿತ್ರದಲ್ಲಿನ ಎರಡು ವಿಭಿನ್ನ ಸಂದೇಶಗಳು. ರೋಮಿಯೋ ಮೂಲಕ ಗಣೇಶ್ ಈ ಬಾರಿ ಪ್ರೇಕ್ಷಕರಿಗೆ ನಿರಾಸೆ ಮೂಡಿಸಿಲ್ಲ. ಒಮ್ಮೆ ಹೋಗಿ ಬನ್ನಿ. ಶುಭಂ!
Bankapura
Bankapura

Back to top Go down

][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][
Bankapura
Bankapura

Back to top Go down

Romeo review in Oneindia

Ganesh repeatedly kept telling during the promotions of his Romeo that his movies might have failed in the recent months but he has not. Well, keeping his word, the Golden Star, like a phoenix raising from the ashes, seems to have struck gold with Romeo, as it is a rib-tickling comedy entertainer with no dull moments throughout the movie. The performances of Rangayana Raghu and Sadhu Kokila along with well-written scenes and one-liners make the movie worth watching.

You are in for a fun ride the moment the credit card is displayed. Ganesh (Ganesh) comes to the world by peeing on his father Pandu's (Rangayana Raghu) face. Then, we are told about his naughty acts, which he committed till he attained adulthood. Despite being mischievous, he managed to reach the graduation level but with poor English speaking skills. However, he gets a job in a bank where he meets Shruti (Bhavana) and Sadhu Kokila.

As you expect it to be, their love blossoms after witnessing a series of comic scenes. Ganesh, a slum dweller and street smart, impresses her by telling a pack of lies where he went on to claim that he is born with a silver spoon and he is the son of crorepati but living an ordinary life to learn the basic lessons of life. The couple ties the knot in a hush-hush manner when her father played by Avinash opposes their marriage and fixes a secret marriage with a rich man. However, soon Shruti realises that she was lied and cheated, the couple part ways. What happens next should be seen on-screen.

Romeo does not have a great story but has a screenplay, which never lets you down. The language in the film used blends with the setting and the dialogues range from the hilarious to laugh-out-loud moments. The story runs quick, the milieu is authentic and there are some scenes which would make you laugh even after coming out of theatres. The tracks between Sadhu and Ganesh evoke a lot of humour out of situational and usual moments. Their inebriated conversation with Avinash in the beginning of the second half is one of the most funniest scenes seen in Kannada films in the recent months. On the flip side, the story of Romeo is not strong and there is no logic. At parts, it is too predictable. And, the title why the makers of the film have kept it Romeo remains a mystery.

When it comes to performances, Ganesh is back with his usual comic ways. His dialogue timings are good and he looks good in action scenes too. Rangayana Raghu is at his usual best. He has a lengthy role this time and like before, he wins the heart of the audience with his witty one-liners. Sadhu Kokila leaves a lasting impression with his wonderful acting. In fact, he outshines other actors. Bhavana is good and has given her best. Rest other characters like Sudha Belawadi and Avinash have done justice to their limited roles.

Technically, Arjun Janya's three songs are good. Viadhi's cinematography and Sarvanan's editing would have been better if he could have reduced the length of the movie by chopping predictable scenes. Director PC Sekhar has given a paisa-vasool affair, which is a complete family entertainer.

Ratings: 3 ½ out of 5.
Bankapura
Bankapura

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankapura Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:23 pm

Romeo Review in Supergoodmovies

STORY –

What is the definition of ‘Romeo’ – a lover who roams, careless guy and remain long lasting in his love? That is what the protagonist Ganesh in ‘Romeo’ to some extent. When the love has to be won by materialistic gain on the one side he changes his attitude that even melts the heart of lover Shruthi (Bhavana). You are with money now. If I come back it is not good says the female protagonist.

Ganesha is a gas bag. He lives in a poverty stricken family with his parents. He acts like Ambani or Mallya to win his lover heart. He is not aware that he is doing a costly mistake. He marries Shruthi making her to believe that he is an aristocrat, the regional manager in the bank Shruthi agrees. Ganesh and Shruthi marry in registrar office. Shruthi father is against to this match.

When Shruthi is brought to the house of Ganesh the fact reveals. She feels disgusted with Ganesh and walks out of the house to her father place. The divorce paper is also signed. In the mutual consent at court Ganesh and Shruthi separate.

After this set back in life Ganesh grows to become rich. He meets Shruthi again. This time Shruthi clearly says in a choked voice that her father had looked for a match in USA. Knowing the inner heart of Shruthi, Ganesh enact another drama and he is admitted to the hospital. This time Shruthi in the Airport returns to see Ganesha. That is the curtains down for happy ending.

ANALYSIS –

Director PC Shekar in the process of telling that ‘Love’ is eternal has missed out a few things. He has missed some points and his taken for granted attitude is uncalled for.

Firstly he is inspired from a few of the Tamil star Dhanush films. A film in Kannada ‘Anthu Inthu Preethi Banthu’ of Aditya Babu and Ramya (Divya Spandana) had the same theme of rich and poor barricade. In this film Shekar has added a lot of carelessness to the protagonist to grab the youths and Ganesh fans.

Look at the problems that the director is locked to himself. Firstly he says uttering lies should be only at places. This is a wrong signal to the youths. This is the carelessness of the director.

Secondly the uttering of lies is OK according to times is told from the senior characters. This is again a wrong signal to the elders of the society. A refine thinking was needed.

Look at the divorce papers signing in the court and separating. Those who signed the divorce papers rejoin once again. What is the answer they give for the court of law that sanctioned divorce? Can they take law for granted?

Cinema should be seen as cinema. In the present day cinematic angles are aped in the real life. It is good that both the lovers have joined. There was no need to give the sanction from the court. The couple could have been asked to wait for some time. In that way rejoining would have meaning and law is also respected.

Once again Ganesh film is not well measured. PC Shekhar said something and he has done something. He has declared that he thought of doing a film after seeing ‘Mungaru Male’ in 2007. In that case he has not studied the graph of Golden star Ganesh. Ganesh as action hero has failed in ‘Bombaat’. The crispy and lengthy dialogues with romantic mood, chiding others are his trump card. Who likes to see Ganesh in sober mood and collecting tears?

Once again the box office formula of showing the hero with certain qualities is not followed. In the very first scene Ganesh is slapped on the face by his father. These are not small issues. The hero getting such slap, harsh words etc is not a box office formula. It is not tasteful for the fans.

Ganesh sitting on a drink for a few times and smoking is not in good tune. It is the Ganesh voice at the beginning and at the interval says ‘Doomapana Arogyakke Hanikara….Madhyapana is also bad. When the hero himself does it in the film, what does it mean?

The only lovely song of the film Alochane Aradhane Ella Nindene….is placed at a wrong point in the film. The lyrics written in this case does not match the situation. Just for the sake of fixing a song, director followed the routine formula.

There are some scenes not jell well to the Kannada atmosphere. One is the old ladies singing on a terrace. The film is quite good in the dialogues department. Sadhu Kokila episodes are in excess.

PERFORMANCE –

Golden star Ganesh has good dialogues in the first half. He needs to follow the principles correctly when he performing a role. For example driving without helmet and on a cell phone is irresponsibility. He is not fit for action image.

Bhavana has acted well but it is the dubbing that has lifted her character. Avinash is as usual with grit; Rangayana Raghu is also as usual with wit. Sadhu Kokila comedy is not going to hit. It is in excess.

Sudha Belawadi, Giri and others are OK. The character played in the end – a lover to comedy actor Giri gets noticed for her looks.

TECHNICALITY –

The best song of the film is ‘Alochane Aradhana….but there are two peppy tunes for the masses. In the rural areas the womenfolk might enjoy the old ladies in song number.

Vaidhi is impressive in his camera. The small lanes, outdoors the posh places are very clear in his work. Editing is quite OK. Nataraj in the dialogues is a real winner from this film.

Last but not the Least – In first half ‘Romeo’ is a Rascal – in second half he is typical.

Cast - Ganesh, Bhavana, Rangayana Raghu, Sadhu Kokila, Sudha Belawadi, Avinash, Giri and others.
Cinematography – Vaidhi
Music – Arjun Janya
Producers – Naveen and Ramesh Kumar
Screenplay, Direction – PC Shekhar
Bankapura
Bankapura

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankapura Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:24 pm

Chitraloka : Romeo Review
It is certain that the Golden Star has come back to form. Looking at the way the audience were reacting to the comical, song and sentimental sequences, it can definitely be assumed that Ganesh did not lose the battle, but his films did lose because of weakness in the content. But Romeo which also suffers from lot of weak points in its content seems to have narrowed the gap between the average and better quality. The result is that Romeo gives a Paisa Vasool entertainmemnt mainly because of Ganesh’s screen presence and his distinct style of acting and dialogue deliver. Director Sekhar once again shows that he can execute his work with style and vision using the best of technical support.
Romeo is thoroughly enjoyable and hilarious in the first half, but moves in a little slower pace in the second half. It can still be aruged that the love affiar and marriage between the two lead characters should have a finality and certain sequences were deliberately made to move in a slower pace. The second problem is that the second half has only one song sequence and less of comedy compared to the first half. And it is not explained how Ganesh and Sadhu Kokila bury the hatchet to become friends to antagonise Avinash.

Barring such mistakes, Romeo wins mainly because of good song picturisations, thoroughly enjoyable comedy sequences and the performance of artists. Even the characterisations looks believable and the dialogues make a good impact.

Ganesh is top class. His style, dances and dialogues are the high point of the film. Surprisingly he has shown his prowess in action sequences. Bhavana looks vulnerable and extremely likeable. Rangayana Raghu, Sadhu Kokila, Avinash and Sudha Belawadi, are perfect selections for the role. Raghu and Sadhu will bring thunderous laughter in theatre with their comedy oriented dialogues and action.
Romeo is the best of Ganesh’s films in recent times. It is a totally well packaged film. Watch it with your family and friends. Go for it. .

Vaidhi’s camera work and Arjun Janya’s music are complimentary to the film.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Bankapura
Bankapura

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankapura Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:26 pm

Bankapura
Bankapura

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankapura Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:27 pm

Ganesh Happy Over Romeo Response

The opening for PC Sekhar directed Romeo starring Ganesh seems to have boosted the confidence of the Golden Star. He is quite happy that there has been wonderful response all over for the film. Ganesh had promoted well for the film which has opened better than many of previous films and reminded the Kannada film industry trade analysts the openings for films like Krishna and Aramane. Despite facing opposition from two other Kannada films and a heavy weight Telugu and Tamil film Eega and Naan Ee respectively starring Kannada star Sudeep, the film Romeo has taken a fantastic opening in many places of Karnataka.
What has been particularly satisfying is that the fans of Ganesh have extremely liked the film. Ganesh himself has given his heart and soul for the film through his range of performance and the distinct dialogue delivery which has made him famous.
Talking to Chitraloka Mega Portal, Ganesh said that he was excited to see such a wonderful response for his film Romeo. “I have been hearing reports from my fans that the film’s comedy and songs have been receiving widespread applause. It looks as if many of my fans were dying to see me in such a role. Romeo is certainly a product that has come from a team which had a great passion for making good film. I think my comedy with Rangayana Raghu and Sadhu has worked well as much as my emotional sequences with Bhavana. Songs are terrific and have been much appreciated’ says Ganesh.

Short URL: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Bankapura
Bankapura

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankapura Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:27 pm

42 .........................
Bankapura
Bankapura

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5