ಚಂದನವನ (sandalwood)

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

ಚಂದನವನ (sandalwood)
ಚಂದನವನ (sandalwood)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

REAL STAR UPPI FILMS box office details

5 posters

Go down

REAL STAR UPPI FILMS box office details Empty REAL STAR UPPI FILMS box office details

Post by lion king Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:06 pm

RAA Review
Story

Sri (Urendra) is a playboy. All he does is to seduce the girls into his bed and leave them frustrated by doing nothing. He is a woman hater and he has a few strong reasons to be one. After encounters with loads of girls, he meets Santhi (Priyanka). Santhi is a tough nut to crack and she always gives him retorts by not getting attracted to him. The entire film revolves around how Sri tries to seduce Santhi and how she gives a slip to Sri and make him beg for more!

In the final scene it is revealed that Santhi has a cousin sister who was cheated by Sri in the past. And it ends with Sri marrying that girl.

Performances:

Upendra: The histrionics of Upendra can be best described as maverick. His trademark expressions dominate the film. He did well with in his capabilities.

Priyanka: She has thoroughly dominated the film and proved to be a better actress compared to her performances in films like 'Suri' and 'Chinna'. In a couple of songs, she managed to do the right kind of gyrations in the songs that keep the frontbenchers on the edge of their seats.

Giri Babu: Giri Babu was taken for a ride in this film. Giri Babu did a small insignificant role that lasts for few seconds. I don't understand why Giri Babu accepted such an insignificant roles. You can't even recognize Giri Babu unless, you closely observe. But in the hoardings, his photo was prominently used. I hope Giri Babu takes care in the future to make sure that the filmmakers wont cheat him.

Technical Departments: The story of the film is an age-old one. The screenplay is not new for the people who watched Upendra's films in the past. Direction is of cheap taste. Dialogues provided by Paruchuri brothers are good in patches. Guru Charan gave cacophonic music for Raa. Photography was little different in the sense that in most of the scenes the camera is tilted. The cinematographer too used some symbolism. For example, he used blue filter for a blue-film shooting scene in the film.

Analysis: This film is a third grade film that is made with a poor taste. Upendra is wasted in this role of Sri. Most of the scenes of the film are obscene and vulgar. Woman can never watch this film in public. They resorted to the level of shooting some scenes in which a blue film actress rapes a Kannada comedy actor and it was graphically shown. One would wonder, why sensor passed these kinds of scenes. Time and again, this film proved the Upendra's inclination towards women hating films. This film can be strictly avoidable unless you are a hardcore fan of Uprendra.

lion king
lion king

Back to top Go down

REAL STAR UPPI FILMS box office details Empty ರಿಯಲ್ ಸ್ಟಾರ್ uppi ಅವರು ಆಗಸ್ಟ್ 10ರ ಶುಕ್ರವಾರ ವಿಜಯ ಕರ್ನಾಟಕ ಆನ್‌ಲೈನ್ ಓದುಗರೊಂದಿಗೆ ನಡೆಸಿದ ಸಂಭಾಷಣೆಯ ಯಥಾರೂಪದ ಆಯ್ದ ಭಾಗ ಇಲ್ಲಿದೆ.

Post by Admin Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:22 pm

ರಿಯಲ್ ಸ್ಟಾರ್ ಉಪೇಂದ್ರ ಅವರು ಆಗಸ್ಟ್ 10ರ ಶುಕ್ರವಾರ ವಿಜಯ ಕರ್ನಾಟಕ ಆನ್‌ಲೈನ್ ಓದುಗರೊಂದಿಗೆ ನಡೆಸಿದ ಸಂಭಾಷಣೆಯ ಯಥಾರೂಪದ ಆಯ್ದ ಭಾಗ ಇಲ್ಲಿದೆ.

Chat Jockey >Dear All, Please be online, Real Star Upendra is on his way!!!

karunya >gud after noon mr upendra

Chat Jockey >Hello All......your favorite STAR upendra will be here in 5 minutes....

akhsam >hi Upendra how is life

Pramod Uppi Abhimani >Hello Uppi Anna have u come online?????????????

Upendra > dear fans, am so glad am online for all of you.....

Manjunatha >you must be in Politics as soon as possible.... please make it fast as Kannadambe is in the hands of thugs and going to be in the hands of thugs.....! Please let me know when you enter politicks..... Thank you in advance for your positive reply....
Upendra >hi manju,i got into the cine world to get into politics....ofcourse i will start my own party someday....wiht a new idea.....looking forward for your support....
Manjunatha >Thank you and do it as soon as possible.. I dedicate myself for that...

niranjan >Hay uppi anna how are you, iam a ur fan, my name is niranjan from jp nagar bangalore. i like ur dialogue and acting very much i saw ur god father movie its ur acting is excellent. i ask u one question- who is ur favourtie Actress? and Do movie in your own production. all the best for your next movies thank u.
Upendra >hi niranjan,all actress are my favorites Smile

roopa >Your direction was super in Om & sh........ please make direction, make puneet as a hero your only direct dont act om film is super i saw 9 times
Upendra >sure roopa,will take your suggestion....am sure one day it will happen Smile

Manju Manu >hi sir why not you playing eleven in KB team in CCL?
Upendra >hi manju manu,you should ask sudeep to pl take me in his team Smile

SANTU >HI SIR NAMASKARA NIV CHENNAGIDIRA ANNKOTINI SIR NIVU NIM MUNDIN CINEMA YAVAGA SIR DIRECT MADTIRA
Upendra >hi santu,thanks,nanna next movie sept nalli ---nande own production-direction start madtini,nimma blessings beku Smile

Pramod Uppi Abhimani >I'm so exited to chat with Uppi Anna OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Upendra >pramod even i am excited to chat with all my fans...thanks...

rajesh >Hai Upendra sir.......this is Rajesh......your biggest fan Smile i love the creativity in your movies...specially the one which was recently released...."SUPER" movie....dialgues...story......songs...all in one toatally super package......i liked the most you brought the movie...and given the message about present India's situation...the way politicians are behaving.......thanks a ton for that movie.......
Upendra >i am glad you liked the movie rajesh....all the best to you Smile

Sagar >Nimma Upcoming movie Kalpana horror anta yiddira horror andre botha na or namage berre spcial yendru torstira. becose your are diffrent na thats y?
Upendra >hey sagar,if you watch the whole movie in theatre its nimage horror.....namage honour Smile

B GOVINDA RAJU 72 >NAMASKAARA UPPI THAAUV DAYAVITTU REMAKE SINIMAGALLALLI ACTING MAADUVUDANNU AADASHTU KADIME MAADI. BUDDIVANTHARIGAAGI MAATHRA ANTHA INDUSTRYGE ENTRY KOTTA NIIVU DHADDARANTHE INNOBBARA NATANEYANNU COPY MAADABEDI. NIMMA THALEYA GANIYALLIRUVA CHINNADANTHA KATHEGALANNU HORATHEGEDU CINEMA MAADI AAGA KANDITHA NANNATHA ABHIMAANIGALU KHANDITHA KUSHIYAGUTHAARE. DAYAVITTU ONDU AITHIHASIKA/PAUVRANIKA 3D CHITHRADALLI HAADI MATTHU NATISI.
Upendra > govinda raaju avare buddivantha annisikolloru daddaraagirthaare. innu munde neevu helida haage nannade swantha film maaduthene thanks for ur suggetn

rajesh >I have stong hope that you give support to youngsters and new innovation......here too i have prepared a story......which is very innovative which includes love...science....terrific fights......modernized equipments used by d doctors for the operation of patients which was found by engineering students.......can i get the chance to work with you ????
Upendra >khanditha ella ready maadikondu banni......

Pramod Uppi Abhimani >Once you join politics we will be glad to support you
Upendra >dayavittu U annodanna bittu WE yendu heli

Prasanna >Hellow upendra sir,im ur huge fan.. I just want to ask u that y ur not making any bollwood movie...all the people from other industries r entering the bollywood y not fr our industry...ur the PROUD of kannada film indudtry...just do one film and show ur talent...ple...ple..
Upendra >according to me sadalwood is looking better n bigger than bollywood becuse i hav got fans lik u dear prasanna...
Prasanna v.m > Eeven we loved you 2:-)ella industry avru sandalwood kade tirugi nodo anta film madi;-)sep 18th nn mange bartini...avat hosa film direction gift kodtira?!

DEEPAK NAGESH >sir i like you dialogue but many say i like it kaantha i like it kaantha . but to me ur real dialogue is " WHEN MONEY COMES FORWARD EVERYTHING GOES BACK " which is true
Upendra >thnak u Deepak...

SANTU >ANNA NIV YESHT ODIDIRA
Upendra >B CALM agiroshtu oddiddini
uppideepu >B.COM=B.CALM,GOOD MEANING SIR

niranjan >Ella ok only one hour yake UPPI ANNAAAAA
Upendra >because of VK

aryan m >Hay uppi anna how are you, iam a ur fan too among others i like ur dialogue and everything.. sir neevu multistar film li act madoke istana atva solo istana???
Upendra >HI Aryan multi star jothe solo ke ishta illa !!!

abhiuppifan >anna waiting for ur UPENDRA-2 movieee....yavaga baruthe
Upendra >very soon abhi Smile

uppideepu >sir naan nimmanna 7th std iddaga IMA conference alli noidde,now i completed B.E
Upendra >hi uppi deepu time flies....

chandru >h2o film was fantastic sir. is there any new idea sir
Upendra >many problems many ideas.....chandru

SANTU >Anna nivu nim partykattidre yenu anta hesar idtira
Upendra >topiwala ?
Abhi uppifan >ha ha super party name anna

Pramod Uppi Abhimani >The Movie GODFATHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is an AMAZING movie, IT ROCKS Forever Its EXTRAORDINARY, Its MIND BLOWING, Its MARVELLOUS, ITS A SUPER DUPER HIT MOVIE, BRILLIANT acting from UPPI ANNA, Its a FABULOUS & FANTASTIC MOVIE to watch. OMG!!!!!!! Iam running short of words to talk abt this Great Movie. Lets ALL Hope this movie runs SUCCESSFULLY for atleast 200days.
Upendra >Thank you Pramod,

raani baat >we need your old movies type like Om,A,Tarle nann maga. plz
Upendra >Hi Raani, gold is allways old!!!

niranjan >UPPI ANNA WE WANT MOVIE LIKE Shhhhhhhhhh
Upendra >Niranjan, Ushhhhhh!,,,

Vijay kulal >Hi Yencha ullar ?
Upendra >Hi, yaan fine ulle... eereg namaskara!

Santhu >uppi sir u are India's Greatest and most talented director ! U must win OSCAR. Pls direct soon
Upendra >Where in Hollywood??

Giri >Namaskara Sir, Girish here.. plz can u suggest me good class to learn direction..i want to become director in kannada industry..if u offer me to learn direction means,it will be my pleasure.. please UppiSir reply me back to this..
Upendra >In Gandhinagar, there are so many classes, pls visit once.

Nagashree >Till now no one could remake your 'A' and 'upendra'. Namage hemme ide
Upendra >There are so many Freemakes!

suja >Neevu natisida total fil 32. Adaralli 18 remake, 14 swamake. yaake uppi? Kathe chennagidre yavudadarenu emba maamooli uttara kodabedi. pls................
Upendra >remake nalli kanneeru ide raktha kanneer ide!

pavankumar >uppi sir, which is the best gift u have given to priyanka mam...??
Upendra >Myself!

savita >SHIVARAJ KUMAR avara jote yaavaga direction..?
Upendra >When I get a script like om.

chat jockey >Dear All, another 15 minutes Upendra will answer your questions....for all the Q&A---log on to VIJAYKARNATAKA.COM

goudya >uppi sir 10 years gap nantara neevu super cinema madidri, nimmalli adbhutavada director edane but nevu yake direction madooke long gap tagotira .director uppina yake nimmolage bachhittiddiraa .nimmalliruva director horage bidi . varshakke ondadaru direction madi . bharatave nimma kade noduvanta cinemagalannu madiddiri enmundeyu madi. nija heli neevu nimmalliruva director uppiyannu saayistidiri anta ansalva...?????
Upendra >Avanna chennaagi saayisidrene... baduki horag barOdu...

savita >SIR FILM SHOOTING BARI BANGALORE NALLE agutte NAMMA uttara karnatakakke BARABEKU..nammallu olleya sthalagalive baruvira?
Upendra >Khandita barutteeni, sooktha film sikkaaga savitha

LOKESH >MUSICAL TYPE CINIMA MADI SIR
Upendra >hari krishna plan madbittidaare

chat jockey >Dear All, another 10 minutes Upendra will answer your questions....for all the Q&A---log on to VIJAYKARNATAKA.COM for the full chat transcript

Babu >Keep tiltle like bhoo loka to mangala loka and do the next film and its realy suits for character
Upendra >"Curiosity" kathe sikre...mangala haadE bidteeni...

jayant >hi....boss i am big big fan of u..i love u uppii....sir nimge andra dalli olle hesride,nim fans kuda andra dalli thumba eddare, nimge telugu alli direct agi direction madi act madbeku antha anisilwa..athva munde enadru plan ediya..?
Upendra >Plain hatto Plan ide...

pavankumar >any plans of starting ur own film training institute??
Upendra >I am in learning institue, once I finish learning, I will start training institute!

prajwal >Anna ,nimma favorite hero yaru?
Upendra >God

uppideepu >UPENDRA 2 NA ILLA UPPITU NA GURU
Upendra >eradoo all uppina kaaaayi

Nagashree >hesaru UPA+INDRA(upendra) adru sandalwood INDRA neeve sir ...
Upendra >up end raw

savita >SIR IM FROM HUBLI..IN HUBLI EVRYONE LIKES UR ACTIG AND FILMS..PLEASE DO MORE MORE FILMS..
Upendra >More films = More remakes! ok?

sangym35 >Boss, i want know the logic of yours EYES SHAKING, plssssss tell me
Upendra >There is no logic in eye shaking, only magic....

aryan m >short and sweet question... which s ur favourite sweet...
Upendra >bengaaaaali sweets

uppideepu >POPULATION= CORRUPTION AGBITTIDE ENANTHIRA SIR
Upendra >Population itself is corrupt!

Shankar >Hi Upendra....I know that you love kannada, karnataka and India very much and apart from making films, would you like to do something else? something special?? Ee nela jalakkagi ???
Upendra >Rajakyeeyanoo maadteeni Shankar...

sunil >uppi anna I heard that ur joining BJP Party from Chamrajpet is that true.... when ll u join....
Upendra >Smile true lies !

pavankumar >any plans to work with ur srimathi after 'SRIMATHI' ??
Upendra >i am working with her 24 hrs !

chinnuavi >Hi uppi sir.... How ru??? I am a very big fan of u.. I like ur acting nd ur dialogue delivery offer is ultimate...1 question I want to ask u is tat as lik ur previous film names " A,OM,SHHH, and recently SUPER " ...ur new film in ur own banner wil be named in words or symbol oly????
Upendra >4w6tuvfh;8r il yfuylou

Upendra >Ok all! I have to take leave of you.! Happy talking with you! Happy Krishna Janmashtami and Advanced wishes for Independance day, all my fans!!! Cheers...

Upendra >Bye nd take care! See you on screen!
Admin
Admin

https://sandalwood.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

REAL STAR UPPI FILMS box office details Empty SUPERSTAR UPENDRA BOX OFFICE DETAILS

Post by uppi shishya Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:18 pm

REAL STAR UPENDRA FILMS box office details

CAREER AS A DIRECTOR :

1) THARLE NAN MAGA
YEAR : 1992
LANGUAGE : KANNADA
VERDICT : SUPER HIT
RUN : 100 DAYS
HIGHLIGHTS : THIS WAS A COMEDY FILM, A TYPICAL 'DOUBLE MEANING LAUGH RIOT' MADE ON THE LINES OF THE POPULAR DOUBLE MEANING COMEDY MOVIES OF KASHINATH, UNDER WHOM UPENDRA WORKED AS AN ASSISTANT DIRECTOR BEFORE STEPPING TO DIRECTION. IT WAS ALSO THE FIRST FILM OF JAGGESH AND ESTABLISHED HIM AS ONE OF THE BIGGEST COMEDY STARS OF KANNADA CINEMA. THE FILM HAS ATTAINED CULT CLASSIC STATUS IN THE FOLLOWING YEARS.

2) SSHHH...!
YEAR : 1993
LANGUAGE : KANNADA & TELUGU
VERDICT IN KARNATAKA : SUPER HIT
VERDICT IN A.P : HIT
RUN IN KARNATAKA : 150 DAYS
HIGHLIGHTS : THIS WAS A SUSPENCE THRILLER HORROR FILM WHICH STARRED KUMAR GOVINDU IN THE LEAD ROLE. This surprise suspense thriller also starred Kashinath and introduced Kumar Govind as mainstream hero. It has a small cameo by Upendra as a wannabe actor in police costume. This film went on to be a major commercial success. It cretaed a new trend of Suspense thriller movies in Kannada cinema. It also established Upendra as a well known director. It was also the debut movie of Sadhu Kokila as an actor and music director. THE FILM WAS ALSO DUBBED INTO TELUGU AND THE TELUGU VERSION ALSO BECAME A HIT IN ANDHRA PRADESH.

3) OM
YEAR : 1995
OPENING : ALL TIME BIGGEST OPENER
VERDICT : ALL TIME BLOCKBUSTER
GROSS : INR 250 MILLION
RUN : 15 YEARS
HIGHLIGHTS : THIS FILM STARRED SHIVRAJKUMAR AND PREMA IN THE LEAD ROLES. IT WENT ON TO BECOME ONE OF THE BIGGEST ALL TIME BLOCKBUSTERS OF KANNADA CINEMA OF ITS TIME. UPENDRA WON THE FILMFARE AWARD FOR BEST DIRECTOR. This story explored and exposed Bangalore's mafia scene. The movie was controversial because of presence of numerous famous real-life rowdy sheeters . THE FILM IS RE-RELEASED EVERY YEAR AND CONTINUES TO RUN WITH PACKED CINEMA HALLS, THEREFORE MARKS 15 YEARS OF RUN. THE FILM HAS ATTAINED CULT CLASSIC STATUS AND IS ALSO CONSIDERED TO BE ONE OF UPENDRA'S BEST DIRECTORIAL FILMS.

4) OPERATION ANTHA
YEAR : 1996
VERDICT : SEMI HIT
HIGHLIGHTS : THIS FILM STARRED AMBRISH IN THE LEAD ROLE. IT WAS A SEQUEL TO THE 1980 CLASSIC BLOCKBUSTER "ANTHA", WHICH ALSO STARRED AMBRISH. Ambrish reprises his iconic role of "Kanwar Lal" in this movie. The film carried a strong feeling against corruption, where the protagonist is obsessed by the corrupt world and finds a way to change the system through extremist way. The movie also made some controversies because of its taunts on some real life political figures. The film has attained cult classic status in the following years.

5) A
YEAR : 1998
VERDICT IN KARNATAKA : BLOCKBUSTER
VERDICT IN A.P : SUPER HIT
BUDGET : INR 13 MILLION
GROSS : INR 200 MILLION
RUN IN KARNATAKA : 175 DAYS
RUN IN A.P : 100 DAYS
HIGHLIGHTS : THIS FILM STARRED UPENDRA AND CHANDINI IN THE LEAD ROLES AND WAS ALSO THE FIRST FILM OF UPENDRA AS A HERO. THE FILM BROKE MANY BOX OFFICE RECORDS UPON ITS RELEASE IN KARNATAKA AND BECAME A TREND SETTING EPIC BLOCKBUSTER. "A" WAS THE HIGHEST GROSSING KANNADA FILM OF 1998. THE FILM CREATED A NEW WAVE IN THE KANNADA FILM INDUSTRY. UPENDRA WON THE "UDAYA AWARD FOR BEST MALE ACTOR" AND GURUKIRAN WON THE "UDAYA AWARD FOR BEST MUSIC DIRECTOR". THE FILM'S TELUGU VERSION WAS ALSO A HUGE HIT AND UPENDRA GOT A GOOD RECOGNITION IN ANDHRA PRADESH TOO. THE FILM HAS ATTAINED CULT CLASSIC STATUS IN THE FOLLOWING YEARS AND IS REMEMBERED AS ONE OF THE EVERGREEN MOVIES OF UPENDRA.

6) SWASTHIK
YEAR : 1999
RUN : 50 DAYS
HIGHLIGHTS : THIS FILM STARRED RAGHAVENDRA RAJKUMAR IN THE LEAD ROLE. Taking a plot with terrorism as its core, it narrates the story of an Indian raised by Pakistani parents living in India, who are later revealed to be terrorists. It was not received as good as his other movies and the movie was just a mere hit. But it is still remembered for its smart narration and innovative screenplay and is considered to be one of the best works of Upendra with respect to screenplay. The soundtrack number "Idu Yelelu Janumada love" became a huge hit. The film has attained cult classic status.

7) UPENDRA
HIGHLIGHTS : THIS FILM STARRED UPENDRA, RAVEENA TANDON, PREMA AND DHAMINI IN THE LEAD ROLES. THE FILM BROKE MANY RECORDS UPON ITS RELEASE AND BECAME THE HIGHEST GROSSING KANNADA FILM OF 1999 AND ALSO SURPASSED THE COLLECTIONS OF UPENDRA'S PREVIOUS HIT "A". UPENDRA WON THE FILMFARE AWARD FOR BEST DIRECTOR AND FILMFARE AWARD FOR BEST FILM. A JAPANESE NATIONAL GETTING IMPRESSED BY THE FILM AFTER WATCHING IT IN BANGALORE, GOT IT RELEASED IN JAPAN AS THE FILM'S STORY LINE RESEMBLES THE STORY OF BUDDHA. THE FILM'S TELUGU VERSION WAS ALSO A HIT. LIKE HIS PREVIOUS FILM "A", EVEN THIS FILM BROUGHT UPENDRA MUCH RECOGNITION IN ANDHRA PRADESH. THE FILM HAS ATTAINED CULT CLASSIC STATUS IN THE FOLLOWING YEARS. "A" & "UPENDRA" FILMS ARE CONSIDERED AS 2 OF UPENDRA'S FINEST WORKS.

Cool SUPER
YEAR : 2010
VERDICT IN A.P : SEMI HIT
BUDGET : INR 100 MILLION
GROSS : INR 350 MILLION
HIGHLIGHTS : THIS FILM STARRED UPENDRA AND NAYANTHARA IN THE LEAD ROLES. UPENDRA'S RETURN TO DIRECTION AFTER 10 YEARS TURNED OUT TO BE A CROWDPULLER THROUGH OUT KARNATAKA AND ANDHRA PRADESH. IT WAS THE COSTLIEST KANNADA FILM OF ITS TIME MADE WITH A BUDGET OF INR 100 MILLION. IT BROKE ALL THE OPENING BOX OFFICE RECORDS IN KARNATAKA BY COLLECTING INR 25 MILLION IN ITS OPENING WEEKEND. THE FILM BECAME THE SECOND HIGHEST GROSSING FILM OF THE YEAR 2010 BY GROSSING A TOTAL OF INR 350 MILLION THROUGH OUT KARNATAKA AND ANDHRA PRADESH AND THUS BECAME UPENDRA'S BIGGEST BLOCKBUSTER. THE FILM'S TELUGU VERSION WAS ALSO A HIT IN ANDHRA PRADESH. UPENDRA WON MANY AWARDS FOR THIS FILM INCLUDING : Karnataka State Film Award for Best Film, Karnataka State Film Award for Best Director, Udaya Film Award for Best Screenplay, Suvarna Film Awards 2011 - Favorite Film Award, Suvarna Film Awards 2011 - Favorite Director Award.

TOTAL NUMBER OF MOVIES : 8
NUMBER OF HITS : 8
NUMBER OF FLOPS : 0
HIT PERCENTAGE AS A DIRECTOR : 100%

UPCOMING MOVIES :

9) UPENDRA 2
HIGHLIGHTS : In January 2012 Upendra (@realupendra) had tweeted that he is planning to do a sequel to his 1999 blockbuster movie "Upendra". He has recently confirmed this in an interview with oneindia that he might take up the project this year. Upendra is currently working on the script.

CAREER AS AN ACTOR :

1) A
BUDGET : INR 13 MILLION
GROSS : INR 200 MILLION
HIGHLIGHTS : THIS FILM STARRED UPENDRA AND CHANDINI IN THE LEAD ROLES. THE FILM BROKE MANY BOX OFFICE RECORDS UPON ITS RELEASE IN KARNATAKA AND BECAME A TREND SETTING EPIC BLOCKBUSTER. "A" WAS THE HIGHEST GROSSING KANNADA FILM OF 1998. THE FILM CREATED A NEW WAVE IN THE KANNADA FILM INDUSTRY. UPENDRA WON THE "UDAYA AWARD FOR BEST MALE ACTOR" AND GURUKIRAN WON THE "UDAYA AWARD FOR BEST MUSIC DIRECTOR". THE FILM'S TELUGU VERSION WAS ALSO A HUGE HIT AND UPENDRA GOT A GOOD RECOGNITION IN ANDHRA PRADESH TOO. THE FILM HAS ATTAINED CULT CLASSIC STATUS IN THE FOLLOWING YEARS AND IS REMEMBERED AS ONE OF THE EVERGREEN MOVIES OF UPENDRA.

2) KANYADAANAM
Language : TELUGU
OPENING : GOOD
VERDICT : BLOCKBUSTER
RUN IN A.P : 125 DAYS
HIGHLIGHTS : This Film starred Srikanth, Upendra and Rachana in the lead roles. Kanyadaanam was Upendra's first straight Telugu film and was one of the highest grossing Telugu movies of 1998.

3) UPENDRA
HIGHLIGHTS : THIS FILM STARRED UPENDRA, RAVEENA TANDON, PREMA AND DHAMINI IN THE LEAD ROLES. THE FILM BROKE MANY RECORDS UPON ITS RELEASE AND BECAME THE HIGHEST GROSSING KANNADA FILM OF 1999 AND ALSO SURPASSED THE COLLECTIONS OF UPENDRA'S PREVIOUS HIT "A". UPENDRA WON THE FILMFARE AWARD FOR BEST DIRECTOR AND FILMFARE AWARD FOR BEST FILM. A JAPANESE NATIONAL GETTING IMPRESSED BY THE FILM AFTER WATCHING IT IN BANGALORE, GOT IT RELEASED IN JAPAN AS THE FILM'S STORY LINE RESEMBLES THE STORY OF BUDDHA. THE FILM'S TELUGU VERSION WAS ALSO A HIT. LIKE HIS PREVIOUS FILM "A", EVEN THIS FILM BROUGHT UPENDRA MUCH RECOGNITION IN ANDHRA PRADESH. THE FILM HAS ATTAINED CULT CLASSIC STATUS IN THE FOLLOWING YEARS. "A" & "UPENDRA" FILMS ARE CONSIDERED AS 2 OF UPENDRA'S FINEST WORKS.

4) PREETHSE
YEAR : 2000
OPENING : EXCELLENT
VERDICT : BLOCKBUSTER
RUN : 175 DAYS
HIGHLIGHTS : THIS FILM STARRED UPENDRA, SHIVRAJKUMAR AND SONALI BENDRE IN THE LEAD ROLES. PREETHSE WAS THE HIGHEST GROSSING KANNADA FILM OF THE YEAR 2000. IT WAS ALSO UPENDRA'S FOURTH CONSECUTIVE BLOCKBUSTER IN HIS CAREER.

5) OKE MAATA
YEAR : 2000
LANGUAGE : TELUGU
VERDICT : FLOP
HIGHLIGHTS : This film Starred Upendra & Ramya Krishna in the lead roles.

6) RAA
YEAR : 2001
GROSS : INR 60 MILLION
RUN IN A.P : 75 DAYS
RUN IN KARNATAKA : 75 DAYS
HIGHLIGHTS : This film starred Upendra & Priyanka Trivedi in the lead roles, the two of them would later marry each other after working together in the multilinguial mega venture "H2O" in the near future. Although RAA had all the potential to become a huge hit, it turned out to be just a 'minimum guarantee' film due to poor marketing, but the movie has attained cult status among Upendra's fans in Andhra Pradesh as well as in Karnataka. This movie not only completed 75 days of run in Andhra Pradesh, but was also released in Karnataka and ran for 75 days in Bangalore.

7) H2O / KAVERI
YEAR : 2002
LANGUAGE : KANNADA, TAMIL & TELUGU
VERDICT IN KARNATAKA : SEMI HIT
VERDICT IN TAMIL NADU : FLOP
VERDICT IN A.P : FLOP
HIGHLIGHTS : H2O WAS A MULTILINGUIAL MEGA VENTURE WHICH STARRED UPENDRA, PRABHU DEVA AND PRIYANKA TRIVEDI IN THE LEAD ROLES. THIS WAS A HIGHLY CONTROVERSIAL MULTI STARRER BILINGUIAL FILM (KANNADA AND TAMIL) AND WAS THE COSTLIEST KANNADA FILM AT THAT TIME, MADE WITH A BUDGET OF INR 70 MILLION. THE FILM'S TAMIL VERSION WAS TITLED AS "KAVERI" IN TAMIL NADU AND THE MOVIE WAS LATER ALSO DUBBED INTO TELUGU AND WAS RELEASED IN ANDHRA PRADESH RETAINING THE ORIGINAL TITLE. RELEASED IN A RECORD 150 SCREENS IN 82 CENTRES ACROSS KARNATAKA, H2O WENT ON TO BREAK ALL THE OPENING BOX OFFICE RECORDS OF KARNATAKA AND BECAME KFI'S ALL TIME BIGGEST OPENER OF ITS TIME. IT FELL INTO CONTROVERSIES REGARDING USAGE OF TAMIL LANGUAGE AND THE PRESENCE OF 'DMK' FLAGS IN THE MOVIE. THE FILM WAS A 'METAPHORICAL DRAMATIZATION' OF THE CENTURY OLD "KAVERI RIVER WATER DISPUTE" BETWEEN KARNATAKA AND TAMIL NADU AND WAS RELEASED WHEN TENSIONS WERE HIGH BETWEEN THE TWO STATES OVER THE MATTER. IN THE FILM, UPENDRA METAPHORICALLY REPRESENTS KARNATAKA, PRABHU DEVA REPRESENTS TAMIL NADU AND PRIYANKA REPRESENTS THE KAVERI RIVER THAT FLOWS BETWEEN THE TWO STATES. THE LOVE TRIANGLE OF THE THREE CHARACTERS METAPHOROCALLY REPRESENTED THE KAVERI DISPUTE. THE FILM HAD A STRONG MESSAGE THAT THE POLITICIANS WERE THE MAIN CULPRITS RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL THE RIOTS BETWEEN THE TWO STATES OVER THE KAVERI RIVER ISSUE. THE FILM FACED STRONG OPPOSITION FROM THE 'KARNATAKA RAKSHANA VEDHIKE' AND MANY POLITICAL PARTIES OF KARNATAKA. POLITICIANS LIKE 'VATHAL NAGRAJ' AND OTHERS DISRUPTED THE SCREENINGS AND FINALLY BANNED THE FILM. THE FILM'S TAMIL DILOGUES HAD TO BE RE-DUBBED INTO KANNADA IN ORDER TO LIFT THE BAN AND WAS RE-RELEASED IN KARNATAKA. SIMILARLY IN TAMIL NADU, THE FILM WAS RE-DUBBED COMPLETELY IN TAMIL AND RE-RELEASED. DUE TO THE NEGATIVE CONTROVERSIES AND THE TEMPORARY BAN ON THE FILM, H2O TURNED OUT TO BE THE LEAST SUCCESSFUL KANNADA FILM OF UPENDRA TILL THEN BY COMPLETING ONLY 75 DAYS OF RUN, WHILE ALL HIS PREVIOUS FILMS HAD RAN FOR MORE THAN 25 WEEKS. However, irrespective of its under-performance at the box office, the distributors of the film and the theatre owners made huge business from the movie. According to Upendra, the film got extra ordinary openings and collections at the box office, but could not get a long run. Even though the Distributors who earned huge profits from the movie declared it as a blockbuster, it was later declared as a Semi Hit, as it did not fetch any profit for the Producer, due to bad marketing from the producer's side. TODAY THE FILM HAS ATTAINED CULT CLASSIC STATUS AND IS REMEMBERED AS ONE OF THE MOST FAMOUS AND BEST FILMS OF UPENDRA. THE FILM'S LEAD COUPLE UPENDRA AND PRIYANKA WHO FELL IN LOVE WITH EACH OTHER ON THE SETS OF THE FILM MARRIED EACH OTHER IN 2003.

Cool NEETHONE VUNTAANU

9) SUPERSTAR / STUPID
YEAR : 2002, 2003
VERDICT IN KARNATAKA : BELOW AVERAGE
VERDICT IN ANDHRA PRADESH : HIT
RUN IN KARNATAKA : 6 WEEKS
HIGHLIGHTS : THIS FILM STARRED UPENDRA AND KEERTHI REDDY IN THE LEAD ROLES. The film's story line was loosely based on the Nepalese royal massacre involving Dipendra of Nepal, the tragedy that struck the family of the Nepal king. THE TELUGU VERSION OF THIS FILM WAS RELEASED AS "STUPID" IN ANDHRA PRADESH IN 2003, WHICH WAS SURPRISINGLY A LOT MORE SUCCESSFUL THAN THE KANNADA VERSION. Superstar had an extremely strong Bumper opening at the box office across Karnataka just like all the earlier record breaking openers of Upendra and set the box office on fire during its opening weekend. The film continued to storm the box office during its initial weeks, but failed to live up to the expectations and most of the fans were disappointed by the movie. Superstar ended up becoming just a 'minimum guarantee film' in Karnataka by running only for 6 weeks in its main centre in Bangalore. The film was sold to the distributors at a very high distribution price and hence the Producer was safe, but the distributors lost money. Compared Upendra's earlier blockbuster movies like A, Upendra, Preetse, H2O, this film was considered as a flop even though it returned investment for the Producer. The Telugu version of Superstar which was released in Andhra Pradesh in 2003 (a year after its original Kannada release) was titled as "Stupid" and had a fantastic opening across Andhra Pradesh, owing mainly to Upendra's loyal telugu fan following which he had gained due to the large success of the Telugu versions of his earlier blockbuster movies like "A" and "Upendra" which not only starred him but were also directed by him, and a few straight telugu movies like Raa and Kanyadaanam which were box office hits . Although Superstar was just an average grosser in Karnataka, Stupid surprisingly turned out to be a hit in Andhra Pradesh by completing 100 days of run, and its distributors in Andhra Pradesh earned fair profits from the movie.

10) NAAGARA HAAVU
VERDICT : BELOW AVERAGE
RUN : 5 WEEKS
HIGHLIGHTS : This was a Psychological Thriller film starring Upendra and Jyotika in the lead roles. An Above Average Success at the box office, this was Upendra's second film where he played a negative role after his earlier blockbuster film "Preethse". Upendra's portrayal of a young man who stops at nothing to get revenge won him The "Udaya Film Award for Best Male Actor" for the second time.

11) NAANU NAANE / RAJAGAADI PELLAM
OPENING : POOR
HIGHLIGHTS : NAANU NAANE WAS LATER DUBBED INTO TELUGU AS "RAJAGAADI PELLAM" AND WAS RELEASED DIRECT TO VIDEO IN ANDHRA PRADESH IN 2011 TO CASH IN ON THE SUCCESS OF UPPI'S 2010 FILM SUPER'S TELUGU VERSION IN ANDHRA PRADESH.

12) HOLLYWOOD
YEAR : 2002, 2003
BUDGET : INR 30 MILLION
GROSS : INR 38 MILLION
HIGHLIGHTS : THIS FILM STARRED UPENDRA AND THE AUSTRALIAN ACTRESS FELICITY MASON IN THE LEAD ROLES. THE SUPPORTING CAST INCLUDED ANANTH NAG AND A MONKEY VOICED BY MELUKOTE SEENU. UPENDRA PLAYED 3 ROLES IN THE FILM OUT OF WHICH ONE WAS AN ANDROID ROBOT. ALTHOUGH THE FILM RECIEVED MIXED RESPONSE UPON RELEASE AND WAS JUST A MODERATE SUCCESS AT THE BOX OFFICE, IT WAS NOTED FOR ITS GRAPHICS AND SPECIAL EFFECTS. THE RAJINIKANTH BLOCKBUSTER "ENDHIRAN" WAS LOOSELY INSPIRED BY THIS FILM. THE FILM HAS ATTAINED CULT CLASSIC STATUS IN THE FOLLOWING YEARS.

13) KUTUMBA
YEAR : 2003
RUN : 125 DAYS
HIGHLIGHTS : THE FILM STARRED UPENDRA AND NATANYA SINGH. KUTUMBA WAS A COMEBACK FOR UPENDRA AFTER A SERIES OF FLOPS AND AVERAGE GROSSERS. IT WAS ALSO THE FIRST AMONG HIS SERIES OF CONSECUTIVE BLOCKBUSTERS OF 2003.

14) RAKTHA KANNEERU
RUN IN KARNATAKA : 120 DAYS
HIGHLIGHTS : THE FILM STARRED UPENDRA AND RAMYA KRISHNA. IT BROKE MANY RECORDS WHEN IT WAS RELEASED AND WENT ON TO BECOME THE BIGGEST HIT OF THE YEAR 2003. IT WAS ALSO UPENDRA'S SECOND CONSECUTIVE BLOCKBUSTER OF THE YEAR. THE FILM'S DILOGUES WRITTEN BY UPENDRA HIMSELF ARE EXTREMELY POPULAR EVEN TODAY. THE FILM HAS ATTAINED CULT CLASSIC STATUS IN THE FOLLOWING YEARS.

15) GOKARNA
VERDICT : HIT
RUN : 175 DAYS
HIGHLIGHTS : THE FILM STARRED UPENDRA AND RAKSHITA. IT WAS UPENDRA'S THIRD CONSECUTIVE HIT OF THE YEAR 2003. UPENDRA WAS DECLARED AS "THE STAR OF THE YEAR 2003".

16) OMKARA
YEAR : 2004
HIGHLIGHTS : THE FILM STARRED UPENDRA AND PREETI JHANGIANI. OMKARA WAS UPENDRA'S FIRST GANGSTER FILM AND WAS BASED ON THE CONNECTION BETWEEN THE FILM INDUSTRIES AND THE UNDERWORLD MAFIA. THE FILM HAD GOT ONE OF THE BIGGEST OPENINGS IN BANGALORE AT THE TIME OF ITS RELEASE. ALTHOUGH THE FILM DID NOT FARE AS WELL AS EXPECTED AND UNER PERFORMED AT THE BOX OFFICE, UPENDRA'S DILOGUES WON ACCOLADES FROM HIS FANS.

17) GOWRAMMA
YEAR : 2005
RUN : 125 DAYS
HIGHLIGHTS : THE FILM STARRED UPENDRA AND RAMYA. IT WAS ONE OF THE BIG HITS OF 2005.

18) NEWS

19) AUTO SHANKAR
VERDICT : HIT
RUN : 100 DAYS
HIGHLIGHTS : THIS FILM STARRED THE BOLLYWOOD ACTRESS SHILPA SHETTY OPPOSITE UPENDRA. THE FILM BECAME A SUBJECT OF CONTROVERSY REGARDING A FEW SEXUALLY EXPLICIT PHOTOGRAPHS AND SCENES OF THE ACTRESS IN THE FILM. IT SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED 100 DAYS AND WAS ONE OF THE BIGGEST HITS OF THE YEAR 2005.

20) UPPI DADA MBBS
YEAR : 2006
RUN : 4 WEEKS

21) TANDEGE TAKKA MAGA
RUN : 4 WEEKS

22) AISHWARYA / KANTHRI MOGUDU
HIGHLIGHTS : THIS WAS THE DEBUT MOVIE OF THE BOLLYWOOD ACTRESS DEEPIKA PADUKONE. AISHWARYA WAS AMONG THE HIT KANNADA MOVIES OF 2006 AND WAS ALSO DUBBED INTO TELUGU AS "KANTHRI MOGUDU".

23) PARODI / VEEDHI ROWDY
YEAR : 2007
VERDICT IN KARNATAKA : FLOP
HIGHLIGHTS : THIS FILM WAS DUBBED INTO TELUGU AS "VEEDHI ROWDY".

24) MASTI / PRALAYA RUDHRUDU
HIGHLIGHTS : THIS FILM WAS DUBBED INTO TELUGU AS "PRALAYA RUDHRUDU".

25) TOSS
HIGHLIGHTS : THIS FILM STARRED UPENDRA, RAJA, & PRIYAMANI IN THE LEAD ROLES.

26) ANATHARU
RUN : 9 WEEKS
HIGHLIGHTS : THIS WAS A MULTI STARRER FILM THAT STARRED UPENDRA, DARSHAN AND RADHIKA IN THE LEAD ROLES. UPENDRA'S PERFORMANCE AS A SILENT GRAVE DIGGER WAS ACCLAIMED BY THE CRITICS. The film was successful mainly due to Upendra's pwoerful performance which was critically acclaimed. Anatharu was a platform for Upendra to prove his mettle as an actor as he had to play a character who is dumb by nature, unlike his previous films where he impressed the audience with his unique dilogue delivery.

27) LAVA KUSHA

28) SATHYAM / SALUTE
LANGUAGE : TAMIL & TELUGU
VERDICT IN TAMIL NADU : BELOW AVERAGE
VERDICT IN A.P : BELOW AVERAGE
HIGHLIGHTS : THIS FILM STARRED VISHAL, UPENDRA & NAYANTHARA IN THE LEAD ROLES. THE FILM WHICH WAS SIMULTANEOUSLY MADE IN TAMIL AND TELUGU, WAS RELEASED AS "SATHYAM" IN TAMIL AND "SALUTE" IN TELUGU.

29) BUDDHIVANTA
YEAR : 2008
BUDGET : INR 40 MILLION
GROSS : INR 150 MILLION
RUN IN KARNATAKA : 100 DAYS
RUN IN A.P : 50 DAYS
HIGHLIGHTS : THIS FILM STARRED UPENDRA, POOJA GANDHI, BRINDA PAREKH, NATANYA SINGH (WHO WAS UPPI'S CO-STAR IN HIS EARLIER BLOCKBUSTER "KUTUMBA") ALONG WITH 2 OTHER HEROINES. SENIOR ACTRESS LAKSHMI ALSO PLAYED AN IMPORTANT ROLE IN THE FILM. THE FILM WENT ON TO BECOME THE HIGHEST GROSSING FILM OF THE YEAR 2008. THE FILM'S DILOGUES ATTAINED GREAT POPULARITY. THE FILM'S TELUGU VERSION WAS TITLED AS "BUDDHIMANTHUDU" WHICH BECAME A HIT IN ANDHRA PRADESH.

30) DUBAI BABU
YEAR : 2009

31) RAJANI / RAJANI FROM RAJAHMUNDRY
YEAR : 2009
HIGHLIGHTS : THIS FILM WAS LATER DUBBED INTO TELUGU AS "RAJANI FROM RAJAHMUNDRY" AND WAS RELEASED IN ANDHRA PRADESH IN 2011 TO CASH IN ON THE SUCCESS OF UPPI'S 2010 FILM SUPER'S TELUGU VERSION IN ANDHRA PRADESH.

32) SUPER
YEAR : 2010
BUDGET : INR 100 MILLION
GROSS : INR 350 MILLION
HIGHLIGHTS : THIS FILM STARRED UPENDRA AND NAYANTHARA IN THE LEAD ROLES. UPENDRA'S RETURN TO DIRECTION AFTER 10 YEARS TURNED OUT TO BE A CROWDPULLER THROUGH OUT KARNATAKA AND ANDHRA PRADESH. IT WAS THE COSTLIEST KANNADA FILM OF ITS TIME MADE WITH A BUDGET OF INR 100 MILLION. IT BROKE ALL THE OPENING BOX OFFICE RECORDS IN KARNATAKA BY COLLECTING INR 25 MILLION IN ITS OPENING WEEKEND. THE FILM BECAME THE SECOND HIGHEST GROSSING FILM OF THE YEAR 2010 BY GROSSING A TOTAL OF INR 350 MILLION THROUGH OUT KARNATAKA AND ANDHRA PRADESH AND THUS BECAME UPENDRA'S BIGGEST BLOCKBUSTER. THE FILM'S TELUGU VERSION WAS ALSO A HIT IN ANDHRA PRADESH. UPENDRA WON MANY AWARDS FOR THIS FILM INCLUDING : Karnataka State Film Award for Best Film, Karnataka State Film Award for Best Director, Udaya Film Award for Best Screenplay, Suvarna Film Awards 2011 - Favorite Film Award, Suvarna Film Awards 2011 - Favorite Director Award.

33) SHRIMATHI
YEAR : 2011
RUN : 3 WEEKS
HIGHLIGHTS : THE FILM STARRED UPENDRA AND HIS WIFE PRIYANKA AFTER THEIR LAST PAIRING IN THE CONTROVERSIAL FILM "H2O". THE FILM ALSO STARRED THE BOLLYWOOD ACTRESS CELINA JAITLEY.

34) ARAKSHAKA
YEAR : 2012
GROSS : 45 MILLION
RUN : 5 WEEKS
HIGHLIGHTS : THIS PSYCHOLOGICAL THRILLER FILM STARRED UPENDRA, RAGINI AND SADA IN THE LEAD ROLES AND WAS DIRECTED BY P VASU OF THE "APTHAMITRA" AND "APTHARAKSHAKA" FAME. ALTHOUGH THE FILM COULD NOT BE A VERY BIG SUCCESS AT THE BOX OFFICE DUE TO LACK OF PUBLICITY IN THE MEDIA, IT WAS VERY WELL RECIEVED BY THE CRITICS AND GOT A HIGH CRITICAL ACCLAIM. The film turned out to be just an average grosser and underperformed at the box office, mainly due to lack of publicity. Although the film didnt have a long run and underperformed at the box office, it recovered its investment by collecting more than INR 45 Million within two weeks of release despite not getting a wide release, lack of publicity and tough competition from Darshan starrer "Chingari". Aarakshaka was declared as an average grosser by Oneindia Sandalwood Half Yearly Box Office Reports.

35) KATARI VEERA SURASUNDARANGI
BUDGET : INR 90 MILLION
GROSS : INR 120 MILLION
NETT : INR 75 MILLION
SATELLITE RIGHTS : 35 MILLION
RUN : 8 WEEKS
HIGHLIGHTS : THIS WAS A 3-D ROMANTIC FANTASY FILM WHICH STARRED UPENDRA, RAMYA AND AMBARISH IN THE LEAD ROLES. IT WAS THE FIRST FULL LENGTH 3-D FILM IN KANNADA CINEMA AND WAS ONE OF THE MAJOR RELEASES OF SUMMER 2012. The film is a sequel to Upendra's earlier blockbuster movie Rakta Kanneeru which was released in 2003. It was directed by Suresh Krishna and produced by Munirathna. The film opened to generally mixed reviews from the critics but witnessed an extraordinary opening at the box office on 10th May 2012 in nearly 200 screens across Karnataka. The film's Opening weekend collection was a whooping INR 57 Million and grossed a total of INR 72 Million in its first week, thus breaking the records set by Chingari which had collected INR 60 Million in its first week. Katari Veera Surasundarangi was reported to be the all time second biggest opener of Kannada cinema so far next to "Anna Bond". Despite the film's budget being extremely high, it recovered its investment just within two weeks of release and was declared as a Super Hit after it grossed more than INR 120 Million (Nett collections : INR 75 Million & Satellite rights : INR 35 Million) during its theatrical run after completing 50 days of run in 16 centers across Karnataka and was one of the highest grossing Kannada films of Summer 2012 next to "Anna Bond".

36) GODFATHER
BUDGET : INR 45 MILLION
GROSS : INR 75 MILLION
HIGHLIGHTS : THIS FILM STARRED UPENDRA, SOUNDARYA JAYAMALA, AND CATHERINE TERESSA IN THE LEAD ROLES. THE FILM FEATURED UPENDRA IN 3 ROLES. IT IS A REMAKE OF THE TAMIL FILM "VARALARU". THE FILM'S MUSIC WAS COMPOSED BY A R RAHMAN. The film was released on 27th July 2012 and opened to a large number of highly positive reviews from the critics. Upendra's performance of a Bharatha Natyam dancer and an old man pegged to his wheel chair was highly acclaimed by the critics and is considered as one of his best performances in his career. The film witnessed a tremendous opening at the box office on 27th July 2012 in more than 120 screens across Karnataka. On Friday, it raked in above INR 10 Million with an average of 85% occupancy in most of the theaters. But the collections showed a minor drop on Saturday and it managed to earn around INR 8.5 Million. However, the movie picked up well on Sunday and collected more than INR 10.5 Million and ended the weekend on a good note at the collection centres. The film is said to have surpassed the weekend openings of Upendra's previous hit "Katari Veera Surasundarangi". According to distributor Prasad, the film recovered more than half of its budget by collecting INR 30 Million during its opening weekend. Producer K Manju announced that the film managed to collect a total of INR 46 Million in its first week and ended the first week on a good note. The film grossed more than INR 75 Million in two weeks and fetched a net share of more than INR 56 Million for the distributor. However, the film was severely affected by major non kannada releases such as Allu Arjun starrer "Julaayi" and the Salman Khan starrer "Ek Tha Tiger". Despite doing good business at the box office, the film faced tough times to retain screens due to the massive release of the Salman Khan starrer "Ek Tha Tiger". Irritated by the development, distributor Prasad approached the Karnataka Film Chamber of Commerce seeking their help to intervene and solve the issue. Prasad requested the film chamber to direct the theatres not to replace his movie with non kannada films. However, the issue showed political colour when none - not even the Chamber - came forward to help Prasad in this matter. The film was further affected by the mammoth release of the Shivrajkumar Starrer "Shiva". The film completed 50 days of successful run and did a moderate business overall, bringing sufficient returns for the distributor through satellite rights and fetched a profit of INR 30 Million for the producer. The film was declared as an Above Average Grosser. However, the film's box office performance was much below expectations and nowhere near the expected blockbuster success.

37) KALPANA
GROSS : INR 40 MILLION (OPENING WEEKEND GROSS)
RUNNING : 2ND WEEK
HIGHLIGHTS : This is a Comedy horror film that stars Upendra, Saikumar and Lakshmi Rai in the lead roles. The film is a remake of the 2011 Tamil film "Kanchana". The film was released across Karnataka on 28th September 2012 and opened to positive response from the critics and audience. The performances of Sai Kumar and Upendra have been critically acclaimed. The film opened to extremely strong box office collections on its release day with 90% occupancy at single screens and around 70% occupancy at multiplexes. On the release day, Kalpana was overwhelmingly welcomed by single screen audience and it received decent response from multiplex viewers. In the next two days, it got wonderful response from both mass and class audience. The film grossed INR 40 Million during its opening weekend and collected a nett share of INR 25 Million, thus surpassing the openings of Upendra's previous film "Godfather" which had grossed INR 30 Million during its opening weekend. The collections have been in the range of 80 to 100 % in most of the major cities, while in the B and C centres the collections have been improving show by show to reach nearly 80 % on average. The film has been reportedly doing extremely well at the box office.

TOTAL NUMBER OF MOVIES : 37
NUMBER OF HITS : 20
NUMBER OF BELOW AVERAGE GROSSERS : 6
NUMBER OF FLOPS : 10
HIT PERCENTAGE AS AN ACTOR : 55% (excluding below average grossers)(excluding the just released "Kalpana")

uppi shishya

Back to top Go down

REAL STAR UPPI FILMS box office details Empty Re: REAL STAR UPPI FILMS box office details

Post by Hatavadhi Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:51 pm

Dream merchant of Kfi .............

Uppi should direct a movie a year to create fears in the hearts

of non-kannada distributors of karnataka
Hatavadhi
Hatavadhi

Back to top Go down

REAL STAR UPPI FILMS box office details Empty Re: REAL STAR UPPI FILMS box office details

Post by Hatavadhi Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:02 pm

welcom to ಚಂದನವನ !!! I hope you find everything you are looking for here!

Hatavadhi
Hatavadhi
Hatavadhi

Back to top Go down

REAL STAR UPPI FILMS box office details Empty uppi photo mania

Post by Golden Eagle Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:03 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Golden Eagle
Golden Eagle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down