ಚಂದನವನ (sandalwood)

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

ಚಂದನವನ (sandalwood)
ಚಂದನವನ (sandalwood)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hitlers nephew begged to join US army to fight Nazis

Go down

Hitlers nephew begged to join US army to fight Nazis  Empty Hitlers nephew begged to join US army to fight Nazis

Post by Birugalli Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:19 pm

LONDON An extraordinary letter written by Adolf Hitlers nephew to then US President Franklin Roosevelt in 1942hasbeendiscovered,inwhichhe begged for enlistment in the army to fight against his uncles Nazi regime.
William Patrick Hitler fled Nazi Germany when war broke out in 1939 to live with relatives in New York.
After being rejected by the US Army because of his family connection,he wrote an emotional plea to President Roosevelt on why he so strongly wanted to fight for Allied Forces,the Daily Mail reported.

I am the nephew and only descendant of the ill-famed Chancellor and Leader of Germany who today so despotically seeks to enslave the free and Christian people of the globe, he wrote.More than anything else I wouldliketoseeactivecombatassoon as possible and thereby be accepted by my friends and comrades as one of them in this great struggle for liberty. The letter made its way into the hands of then FBI Director J Edgar Hoover,who approved William for service against the Nazis.

William joined the Navy in 1944 but was removed from service three years later after being wounded.He was the son of Adolfs half-brother Alois and first wife Bridget.PTI

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Hitlers nephew William Patrick fled Germany when war broke out in 1939
Birugalli
Birugalli

Back to top Go down